There is an interesting depiction of Smartphone adoption: More people have cell phones than toilets. Among the total estimated 7 billion people, 6 billion of them have access to cell phones. But only 4.5 billion people — have access to working toilets.
And most of them spend nearly 20% of their waking hours watching videos on mobiles. Mobile devices get more and more advanced. Thanks to the large screen, support of high resolutions and big memory, we can better enjoy HD movies on phones. Absolutely, it is a good way to kill time and relieve boredom.
Since we get used to buying DVD for it delivering high quality, how can we play DVD movie on Smartphone? Perhaps you tend to think that playing DVD movie on mobile devices is a no-brainer, but in fact it’s not. Let me give you an explanation. For a start, smartphone has no DVD drive, which means you can’t directly play DVD on it.
Suppose you need to copy movies (like Frozen, Rio 2 and Captain America) off DVD and put them onto your iPhone 5S for playback, you will have to figure out the video formats supported by it. Format error will only lead to load failure. That’s why I’m talking about a DVD ripper here to make you playback HD DVD movies on phones easily and in comfort.
Here is the solution – WinX DVD Ripper Platinum
Just do a simple Google search (or you can also visit the mentioned links of article) of “DVD ripper”, you will see WinX DVD Ripper listed on the top, which is a freeware. Sometimes, free DVD ripper is enough for your backup needs. But the frustrating thing is that most freeware can’t deal with various copy-protected DVDs while most DVD movies are strictly encrypted nowadays. Also there are lists of 5 best or top 10 DVD ripper software. But which one of them is true? You may not be sure. Although I have not tested all DVD rippers out there, to say the least, I find out that WinX DVD Ripper Platinum, the upgraded version of WinX DVD Ripper, is way better than most of what I used before.
Before going any further, it is necessary to make one thing clear: what is possible with this software. Basically, it makes the whole DVD to mobile ripping thing quite clear and easy, at a much faster ripping speed than the average and surprisingly with no quality loss. On top of that, WinX DVD Ripper Platinum provides more:
1. It supports all DVD copy protections, including Disney X-project DRM, Sony ARccOS, CSS, region code, UOPs, APS, RCE and the like, which has already licked all creation.
2. There are 350 pre-configured profiles in it that works perfectly in ripping DVD to iPhone, iPad, Android, Samsung, HTC, WP8, Xbox, PSP videos.
3. It delivers solutions to convert DVD to MP4, AVI, WMV, MPEG, FLV, MOV, MKV, M2TS, etc.
4. This DVD ripper is designed with Super Encode Engine and supports Multi-core CPU and Hyper-Threading Technology, which makes the No.1 fast ripping speed possible.
All features mentioned above will do you good whether you want to play a DVD movie on phones, build a backup library of old DVD movies, or rip DVD to mobiles for filling time on vacation.
How to Rip and Play DVD Movie on Mobiles
I will show you very detailed steps on how to do this with its Windows version. Obviously, there is also a WinX DVD Ripper for MAC. Well, first I download WinX DVD Ripper Platinum on its homepage and get it installed. The whole process is as follows:
1. Insert the DVD disc, start the program and click “DVD disc” button to load the source DVD content. If you have the ISO image or DVD video folder, you can choose “ISO Image” or “Folder” to do the backup.
2. Choose output format and click “Ok” to move forward. There are kinds of output profile options, like “DVD Backup”, “Web Video Profile” and “Music Profile”. To rip DVD movie to mobiles, choose mobile device under the “Device Profile”.
3. Select an output folder and it’s all ready to begin to rip DVD to phones.
That’s all. It completed within minutes. If you want to do editing, like crop video size, select subtitle or adjust audio volume, resolutions, frame rate etc, WinX DVD Ripper Platinum can handle all of them.
Conclusion – we all are looking for a professional DVD ripping tool in hopes it would rip any DVD, especially encrypted ones, to whatever mobiles safely and fast. Based on my trying, this one meets the demands. So why not give it a try yourself?
- Reference link for free trial – http://www.winxdvd.com/dvd-ripper/
- Link of version i tried – http://www.winxdvd.com/dvd-ripper-platinum/
Thank you for the great idea! I have many dvds with my favorite movies, but it’s a problem to take them with you when travelling and to watch from the tablet. Hope this solution will work!
I always use AppGeeker DVD Ripper, works well for me. Is WinxDVD free of charge?